Whogohost is a Nigerian web registrar which offers both domain and hosting services priced in naira. With whogohost, you can setup a WordPress site for yourself or setting up a custom domain name for your blog. Today we’ll be focusing on how to setup a custom domain from whogohost to your blogger blog.
How To Set Up Custom Domain From Whogohost To Blogger Blog.
To set up Whogohost domain on blogger blog, you have to go to Whogohost site >>> Dashboard to fill the blogger CNAME form which you can easily visit using this Link
The above link is where you will set up your Whogohost domain on blogger by filling the required information requested for there.
Requirements includes :
• Your email ID
• Security PIN (any number)
• Domain name
• Enter Subdomain 1 as ‘www’
• CNAME value 1 as ghs.google.com
• Unique subdomain value provided by Blogger for your blog in Subdomain 2
• Unique CNAME value provided by Blogger for your blog
How To Get Started?
• Navigate to your blogger dashboard
• Click settings in the left menu >>> Basic
• In the page, click “Set up a third party URL for your blog” under blog address.
• In the box provided, input your custom domain name you have purchased from Whogohost including www (e.g www.your-blog-name.com).
• Then click save
• You will get an error while saving the domain name which you entered. These error include your cnames which you are going to use to set up your custom domain so as to start working
• Now Copy these codes or stay on your browser tab
• Now go to blogger cname form using this Link
• Fill in the required spaces, enter your email address (the one you used in registering for domain),
• Enter your domain name including “www”
• Next you will need to enter CNAME records, the first two “www” and “ghs.google.com” is already written for you.
• And for the “subdomain 2‘ and “CNAME value 2” enter the bottom two values you get as error in blogger.
• Once you are done click ‘Send CNAME Records’ to open a support ticket.
Whogohost will then send you a mail that a ticket has been opened for you and you’ll be notified when it’s done.
Once you get a mail from Whogohost saying the CName records are ready or were successfully added,
• Go back to blogger and re-enter your custom domain. Now, it should work without error.
After your domain starts working, go back to the Blogger settings page >>> Basic and click edit url, there will be a box underneath your new domain for redirection.
Make sure you tick this box and click save. this will ensure that whether users put “www” or not, they’ll still be redirected to your site.
Also, your “blog-url.blogspot.com” address will automatically redirect to your new domain name.
I hope this helps…
Join our subscribers for daily updates