All focus are on Google whenever webmasters optimize their site. I am not condeming their effort but that’s okay because Google has the highest market share, ranking and dominates the web.
However, you’re missing out on a lot of targeted website visitors if that is your only strategy (Optimizing for Google only).
The use of Bing is actually ignored totally by webmasters. According to stats, bing also have the highest shares and ranking online. And it dominates a variety of places online. Bing is bigger than what you think.
About 60% users online who are from USA make use of Bing and trust me, 50% of your traffic can come from Bing. Never understimate the power of Bing. Fortunately, it is easier to get our site on bing for any keyword we want.
SEO for Bing has lower competition so it’s likely that your website will be listed for more keywords on Bing. If you ignore Bing, you ignore billions of searches per month.
How to Get Your Site Ready For Bing
Since bing can fetch you 50% of their traffic, am going to show you how to optimize your site for bing.
It is good to know also that the same technique applied to Google Optimization can also work for Bing. Here are other hints you need to know too:
• Both Google and Bing like mobile-friendly websites and good user interfaces. Both support structured data, and both think that the quality of the links that point to your website is important.
• Bing’s Webmaster Guidelines show many factors that Bing finds important. These factors do not guarantee high rankings, but they form the basis for high rankings.
• Bing likes content with multimedia files. If your web page contains audio, video or good images, it’s more likely that it will get high rankings on Bing.
• It is possible to get high rankings on Google with average content if the links that point to the page are great. For Bing, the content of a page is more important. Create great content first, then focus on getting good links.
This is also a tactic that will help your Google rankings in the long run.
• Bing likes keywords in headings, titles, meta descriptions, etc. It seems that keywords in domains also help.
Add related keywords to your pages. Optimize different pages of your website for different keywords that are related to the topic of your website. Again, this is something that can have a positive influence on your Google rankings.
• Pages that are shared frequently on social networks tend to get better rankings on Bing. Bing is against fake social media accounts and shares so you shouldn’t try to inflate your social shares artificially.
In the past, Google said that they do not use social signals as a ranking factors. However, they won’t hurt your rankings.
• In contrast to Google, websites that have a high number of backlinks can get better rankings even if the quality of the links is just average. Of course, you still shouldn’t create spam links.
Links from high quality websites still have a higher influence than average links, but the difference is smaller than on Google.
• If a website is listed on position 2 and gets more clicks than position 1, it’s likely that the positions will switch.
Write strong web page titles that entice searchers to click on your listing. The more clicks your listing gets, the better. Although this is not a ranking factor on Google, it will also help you to get more visitors through Google simply because more people will click your listing.
Make use of other search engines and don’t always rely on Google for your targeted traffic. These hints above fetch me cool traffic from Bing and am too sure it’ll work out well for you inturn. Just do the needful and allow bing to crawl your site.